Music for Your Yoga Practice
Over the last few weeks class members have asked me about the music I use for class.
- Pandora:(an online music app with which you are able to design your own music channels.) "Spiritual Waterfalls (mood mix) Radio" plays quiet, relaxing music of instrumental melodies, sometimes including waterfalls or other outdoor sounds. I like to put it on during my practice.
- Flute Music: Native American flute music is one of my favorites for yoga. Tomas Walker is my favorite musician. "Spirit Dreams" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSkdOKuEqtU. Amazon carries the CD.
- "Wellness for Woman" Meditation or Relaxation: 2 tapes my classes love. Produced by the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation www.dbcf.org. Amazon carries these CDs and more of the series.
- George Winston "December" - is a CD of piano solos.
- Hymns: I have a few CDs of instrumentals of popular hymns. "September Psalms" is one of my favorites. It has outdoor sounds behind the music. Nice and relaxing.
- Yoga Music: There is music for yoga with lyrics in Sanskrit. There also is some that is just instrumental.
If you have any favorite music fr
I enjoy yoga as it brings peace to my life. Teaching yoga has brought joy to my life and given me a chance to encourage others in learning yoga.