Found an awesome article called "10 Tips to Get the Most Out of Your Yoga Class" from Yoga International. It is a very truthful list of ways we can approach our yoga classes and find our classes becoming more valuable.
Here is a brief listing:
1. Come to class free of expectations - expectations for the class and of your body
2. Have an intention - We leave time during centering for setting your intention
3. Free yourself of distractions - do your best
4. Disclose physical limitations to the instructor - I keep a notebook of what people share with me
5. Honor your own inner teacher
6. Listen to your body - Heard this before?!!
7. Leave your phone at the door - please!
8. Bring your own stuff - matt, blanket etc.
9. Breathe - we talk breathing during each class
10. Be grateful - be thankful for what is!
Click HERE for the full article.
Let me know what you think of these ideas!
Leave a Reply.
I enjoy yoga as it brings peace to my life. Teaching yoga has brought joy to my life and given me a chance to encourage others in learning yoga.