So what do we practice in the airports? Practice what brings you peace. Perhaps breathing or perhaps poses. Think about poses that bring the blood to your legs. Yoga Journal has a great practice of 8 poses that are great to do anywhere. A recent article in the AAA Northeast newspaper "Namasly Your Next Flight" suggested using the back of a waiting area chair to do squats and calf raises. The article also suggests stretching tall and doing a sidebend to each side.
My favorite stretches: Sunsalutation, Tree, Warrior Poses, Cat Cow, Half Moon. I also like to side or stand quietly breathing and praying.
For those who like Chair Yoga: Forward Fold, Side Bend, Point and Flex feet, Seated Twist, a neck stretch and hand stretches.
The "Observer" lists the following airports with yoga rooms:
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport and Midway Airport (CHI)
- Burlington Airport (BTV)
- London Gatwick Airport (LGW)
- London Heathrow (LHR)
- Hong Kong (HKG)
- Helsinki Airport and Jet Blue at JFK Airport (HEL)
- Miami International Airport (MIA)